Apply now: Farm Management Canada’s National Farm Leadership program
December 11, 2023 by Manure Manager
Farm Management Canada’s National Farm Leadership program is currently accepting applications.
The next cohort of the program will begin on Jan. 29, 2024. The virtual learning program takes place over six weeks through virtual learning, plus a three-day, in-person residency. Group and personal coaching continues for the remainder of the calendar year, with unlimited access to the LeaderLab, a private, online learning community.
The overall goal of the program is to increase individuals’ leadership effectiveness. It is aimed at:
- Farmers who are stepping up or stepping back, including farm owners, managers and high potential employees;
- Ag industry managers; and
- Families, organizations and companies who want to develop their staff, clients and members.
The program’s teachings and objectives include:
- Teaching participants to develop and regulate their nervous systems to build resilience and perform under pressure;
- Help participants surface and unpack what’s behind their behavior and make an authentic, positive shift;
- Evaluate and expand their responses to challenges and opportunities with agility and confidence; and more.
Certified executive coach and fourth-generation farmer Kelly Dobson will lead the program. Interested applicants can apply at http://www.leader-shift.ca prior to Jan. 18.