Registration open for 2009 AgStar conference
By Marg Land
December 23, 2008, Baltimore, MD – Registration is open for the 2009
AgSTAR National Conference being held at the Hilton Baltimore, located
at 401 West Pratt Street, Baltmore, Maryland.
This year’s conference is a must for livestock producers, project developers, regulators, energy professionals, financiers, and others interested in manure digesters and energy projects. The conference is a great place to learn, identify potential projects, and network with others in the industry. We welcome and encourage your participation in this year's meeting.
This year's conference will feature technical, policy and financial presentations, networking opportunities, and exhibits of the latest technologies and services. A preliminary list of agenda topics includes:
- Policy Changes to Encourage AD-to-Energy Projects
- Financing Your Digester Project
- Status of AD in California and the West
- Pipeline Quality Gas from Digester Biogas
- Manure Digesters in Swine and Poultry Sectors
- What's New in the Carbon Credit World
- Emerging Opportunities for Value-Added Products from AD Systems
- Digester Systems – Can They Work for Small Farms?
- New Horizons for Biogas Use
The conference is free of charge; however, there is a meals fee of $250.00 that covers participation in the daily continental breakfasts, two lunches, two mid-morning breaks, one afternoon break and the reception in the exhibition area on Wednesday evening. The fee is optional; however, we encourage attendees to participate in these events to take full advantage of networking opportunities. Additional information is available online at the registration site.