International symposium on management of animal carcasses
International symposium on management
of animal carcasses
Plans are currently underway for the third
annual International Symposium on the Management of Animal Carcasses,
Tissue and Related Byproducts.
December 31, 2008, Davis, CA – Plans are currently underway for the third annual International Symposium on the Management of Animal Carcasses, Tissue and Related Byproducts.
The event is scheduled for July 21 to 23, 2009 at the University of California at Davis.
Three days of plenary, breakout and poster sessions are planned to discuss, learn and share information with researchers, policy makers and regulators on carcass disposal technology, planning and policy. Included in these days will be hands-on workshops and demonstrations of available carcass disposal technology.
- Carcass disposal in response to routine mortalities, accidental deaths, natural disasters, and disease outbreaks;
- Research and public policy on carcass disposal;
- Federal and state agency response and training experience;
- Carcass treatment (management) options;
- New and emerging technologies for euthanasia, carcass treatment/ disposal, and disinfection;
- Final product use and disposition.
Watch for registration materials and call for papers coming soon to http://extension.umaine.edu/ByproductsSymposium09/default.htm.