Ag in Brief: CYSA goes virtual, Curry bolsters staff
By Bree Rody
CYSA competition goes virtual
Canadian Young Speakers for Agriculture (CYSA) will hold its 2021 public speaking competition virtually. The competition is open to French or English speakers age 11 to 24 with a passion for agriculture. Competitors are invited to upload their speeches to www.cysa.joca.ca prior to Sept. 30. The top-six entries in each category (junior and senior) will be chosen prior to the competition day and then invited to compete live via Zoom on Nov. 6. Topics include:
- How a global pandemic changed Canadian agriculture – or has it?
- What it means to be a woman in agriculture in 2021
- Food waste, food security and food policy: What is agriculture’s/aquaculture’s role?
- Canadian aquaculture: Opportunities in a growing industry
- Does a changing climate mean opportunities or headaches for Canadian agriculture?
Curry Supply bolsters sales staff; Adds to lineup
Since its expansion into the Phoenix area last year, Curry Supply has added to its sales force. Andrew Bishop has been brought on as regional sales manager for clients in Arizona, Southern California and Las Vegas. Bishop, a resident of Glendale, Arizona, has more than 10 years of experience in equipment sales and operations.
Additionally, Curry has continued its partnership with Metalcraft of Mayville division Versatran by making its newly unveiled non-CDL 6T Retriever a part of its offer.