Register now for 2017 Midwest Manure Summit
January 18, 2017 by Marg Land
January 18, 2017, Green Bay, WI — Proper manure management and application is an important element of modern livestock production.
During this two-day event, industry leaders will discuss innovations in manure processing, management and application, including anaerobic digesters, manure gas safety, and technology advances.
- Dr. Tucker Burch, USDA-ARS
- Dr. Mark Borchardt, USDA-ARS
- Dr. Daniel Andersen, Iowa State University
- Dr. Eileen Fabian, Pennsylvania State University
- Dr. Katharine Knowlton, Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
- Mary Bauer, Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Matt Komro, Komro Sales & Services, Inc.
Early bird registration for the 2017 Midwest Manure Summit runs until Feb. 6, 2017. The early-bird cost is $225 per person. After February 6, 2017, registration increases to $300 per person. Walk-in registration the day of the event is $350 per person.
- Track A – Wisconsin Anaerobic Digesters
- Track B – Developing Safety Plans for Manure Storage and Handling Systems
The Wisconsin Anaerobic Digester Program will provide participants with information on national and Wisconsin biogas industries, economic assessment of coordinated digester projects, combined heat and power (CHP) maintenance, upgrading to compressed natural gas (CNG), meeting digestate standards and safety equipment.
Developing Safety Plans for Manure Storage and Handling Systems will investigate and assess hazards in manure storage and handling systems, outline the basics of gas monitoring devices and how to use them, plus outline safety plans and the training required.
Registration for the Pre-Summit workshops is separate registration from the summit. Early bird registration for the Pre-Summit workshops is $150 per person and includes proceedings, lunch and refreshments. After Feb. 6, the cost of the Pre-Summit is $200 per person.
Complete agendas and registration details can be found at www.midwestmanure.org.
The 2017 Midwest Manure Summit has been approved for 11 Certified Crop Advisor CEUs for the two-day event.