NC State compost barn catches fire

 Technician
August 17, 2016
By Technician

August 17, 2016, Raleigh, NC – A compost barn for North Carolina State University’s Chicken Education Unit, which contained manure from the chicken and turkey coops, caught fire recently.

No animals were harmed and no one was in the building at the time, though the compost barn sustained significant structural damage and will have to be torn down, according to Bill Stevenson, NC State University fire marshall. READ MORE

Add comment


Security code
Refresh

Subscription Centre

 
New Subscription
 
Already a Subscriber
 
Customer Service
 
View Digital Magazine Renew

Most Popular

Latest Events

Next Generation Manure Management Practices Webinar
Fri Dec 15, 2017 @ 2:30PM - 03:30PM
South Dakota Pork Congress
Wed Jan 10, 2018 @ 8:00AM - 05:00PM
Minnesota Pork Congress
Tue Jan 16, 2018 @ 8:00AM - 05:00PM
Value of Biogas West
Tue Jan 16, 2018 @ 8:00AM - 05:00PM
Iowa Pork Congress
Wed Jan 24, 2018 @ 8:00AM - 05:00PM