Manure Manager

Features Applications Business/Policy Swine United States
OH worker died from inhaling pig manure gas: OSHA

April 7, 2016  by NewsNet5

April 7, 2016, Vickery, OH – A 31-year-old Vickery farm worker died from inhaling gas from pig manure that was used for fertilizer, according to federal investigators.

The deceased man, who loaded manure into trailers, was found on the farm unresponsive. He was overcome by exposure to hydrogen sulfide gas, which is rapidly absorbed by the lungs, according to Occupational Safety and Health Association (OSHA). READ MORE


Stories continue below