May 27, 2008, Windom, MN –
Cottonwood Cattle Producers of Windom, MN, is hosting the 2008
Minnesota State Cattlemen’s Summer Tour and Trade Show, July 14 to 15,
May 27, 2008, Windom, MN – Cottonwood Cattle Producers of Windom, MN, is hosting the 2008 Minnesota State Cattlemen’s Summer Tour and Trade Show, July 14 to 15, 2008.
The Windom City Arena will serve as the headquarters for the tour and will be the site for the trade show, meals and registration.
Cottonwood hopes to welcome 1,000 people during the 2008 Summer Tour and Trade Show. On Tuesday, July 15, the tours are set for 7 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 5 p.m. The trade show runs from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. through supper.
Here’s an overview of what participants will be seeing on the tour:
Northern tour – Cottonwood County
- Brian and Jan Dunkelberger – Red Angus Cow/Calf herd
- Dave and Andy Englin – generations working together on a 950 head feedlot
- Roy Minion – Black Angus Cow/Calf herd
- Mark and Jessica Pankonin – a modern designed, environmentally friendly feedlot
Southern tour – Cottonwood/Jackson Counties
- David Hansen, Hansen Cattle Company – Maine-Anjou Cow/Calf herd
- Glenn Dicks – Shorthorn Cow/Calf herd
- Klassen Land and Cattle – operating a feedlot while planning for the next generation
- Ziegler Cat – a stop at the plant with a virtual tour of the industry
For more information on the tour and trade show, contact Andrea Ruesch, Todd Franz, or M.K. Franz.