Event organizers would like to highlight excellence in research and Extension on areas of manure and manure related new technologies and successful experiences, including, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Manure management and utilization (e.g., storage, testing, agronomic application, winter spreading, nutrient management, composting, anaerobic digestion, and other value-added utilization);
- Potential impacts of manure on soil, air, water quality, and animal health & welfare;
- Manure handling safety considerations (e.g., manure pit safety, gypsum bedding, manure transport, manure spills).
- Scientific posters that outline either experimental research results or systematic literature review. These posters should contain Abstract, Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results and Discussion, and Conclusions;
- Extension posters that present applied technologies, methods of Extension, successful stories, emerging issues, etc.;
- Promotional posters that introduce institutions, organizations, programs, on-going projects, etc., but they should be non-commercial.
Authors with accepted abstracts will be contacted by July 1, 2019 and provided with further information pertaining to the poster session.
The printed poster should fit on a 4' × 8' poster board and the recommended size is 36" × 48" in either orientation.
Accepted posters will be displayed on Aug. 1, 2019 from 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM with a dedicated time of two hours for poster viewing and audience questions. One of the authors (first author preferred) of the poster is required to be present during the dedicated time.
If you have questions concerning the posters, please contact Erica Rogers at (814) 441-1356 or Nesli Akdeniz at (217) 300-2644.