IA dry manure applicator workshops begin February 2017
December 6, 2016 by Iowa State University Extension
December 6, 2016, Ames, IA – Iowa State University Extension and Outreach, in cooperation with the Iowa Department of Natural Resources, will offer manure applicator certification workshops for dry/solid manure operators on six different dates and locations in February.
These workshops meet manure applicator certification requirements for both confinement site manure applicators and commercial manure applicators that primarily apply dry or solid manure.
“The information in this workshop will benefit tractor and dry manure spreader in field not only those needing certification, but anyone using dry or solid sources of manure as a nutrient resource,” says Dan Andersen, assistant professor in agriculture and biosystems engineering at Iowa State University and coordinator of the manure applicator certification program
The workshops are free to attend and open to all. Applicators will be required to submit certification forms and fees to the Iowa DNR to meet manure applicator certification requirements.
Please register for one of the workshops by calling the number listed with the selected site. All workshops begin at 1 p.m.
- Feb. 7, Washington County, ISU Extension and Outreach office, Washington. Call 319-653-4811 to register.
- Feb. 8, Wright County, Heartland Museum, Clarion. Call 515-532-3453 to register.
- Feb. 15, Hamilton County, Kamrar Lions Community Building, Kamrar. Call 515-832-9597 to register.
- Feb. 16, Sioux County, ISU Extension and Outreach office, Orange City. Call 712-737-4230 to register.
- Feb. 21, Adair County, Warren Cultural Center, Greenfield. Call 641-743-8412 to register.
- Feb. 22, Buena Vista County, ISU Extension and Outreach office, Storm Lake. Call 712-732-5056 to register.