IA DNR seeking input on proposed CAFO rule
May 20, 2016 by Iowa Department of Natural Resources
May 20, 2016, Des Moines, IA – The Iowa Department of Natural Resources is holding six public hearings from May 23 to June 3 to gather input on proposed rule changes for animal feeding operations.
The proposed rule incorporates recent legislation, allows marketing solids from open feedlots as bulk dry animal nutrients, provides clarification of requirements in the rules, and repeals unnecessary and outdated rules, lists and internet addresses.
Written or oral comments can be made at any of the following hearings:
- May 23 at 10 a.m., DNR Air Quality Building, Roosevelt Room, 7900 Hickman Road, Windsor Heights
- May 24 at 10 a.m., Carroll County Courthouse, Downstairs Meeting Room, 114 E. Sixth St., Carroll
- May 25 at 10 a.m., Clay County Administration Building, Boardroom, 300 W. Fourth St., Spencer
- May 26 at 10 a.m., Muse-Norris Conference Center, North Iowa Area Community College, 500 College Drive, Mason City
- May 31 at 10 a.m., Washington County Conservation Board Education Center, Marr Park, 2943 Highway 92, Ainsworth
- June 3 at 10 a.m., Northeast Iowa Community College Dairy Center, Room 115, 1527 Highway 150, South Calmar
Send written comments to Gene Tinker, DNR, Wallace State Office Building, 502 E. Ninth St., Des Moines, IA 50319; or by e-mail to Gene.Tinker@dnr.iowa.gov. Comments must be received on or before June 3.