Manure Manager

News Livestock Production Manure Application Manure Management United States
Fertilizer license and poultry litter

March 29, 2019  by Ohio State University Extension

There have been a few phone calls from farmers calling about needing to get their fertilizer license in order to receive or spread poultry litter. This has been the law in Ohio for several years since Senate Bill 1 was passed.

Any farmer handling, receiving, or applying poultry litter (or any other manure) from a permitted farm in Ohio must have either a fertilizer license or a Certified Livestock Manager certificate or be a Certified Crop Advisor.

Most poultry farms in Ohio are permitted so nearly all the poultry litter available to farmers is from permitted farms. For more information, CLICK HERE.



Stories continue below