Dry manure applicator certification workshops offered in February
December 23, 2019 by Iowa State University Extension and Outreach
Iowa State University Extension and Outreach, in cooperation with the Iowa Department of Natural Resources (DNR), will offer manure applicator certification workshops for dry/solid manure operators in February. With six different dates and locations across Iowa, there are several opportunities to take part. These workshops meet manure applicator certification requirements for both confinement site manure applicators and commercial manure applicators who primarily apply dry or solid manure.
“The information in this workshop will benefit not only those needing certification, but anyone using dry or solid sources of manure as a nutrient resource,” said Dan Andersen, Ag and Biosystems Engineering assistant professor at Iowa State University and coordinator of the manure applicator certification program.
The workshops are free to attend and open to all. Applicators will be required to submit certification forms and fees to the Iowa DNR to meet manure applicator certification requirements.
Register for one of the workshops by calling the number listed with the selected site. All workshops begin at 1 p.m.
- Feb. 10, Adair County, Warren Cultural Center, Greenfield. Call 641-743-8412.
- Feb. 11, Wright County, Heartland Museum, Clarion. Call 515-532-3453.
- Feb. 17, Washington County Extension Office, Washington. Call 319-653-4811.
- Feb. 18, Sioux County Extension Office, Orange City. Call 712-737-4230.
- Feb. 19, Buena Vista County Extension Office, AEA Office, Storm Lake. Call 712-732-5056.
- Feb. 24, Hamilton County, Kamrar Lions Community Building, Kamrar. Call 515-832-9597.
Print this page