August 28, 2012 – A series of water quality plan and waste management workshops are slated for North Coast dairy producers on Sept. 10, Sept. 11 and Sept. 18.
The workshops will address water quality plan and waste management plan details. Water quality plans are due by Nov. 30, 2012 for all dairies covered under the Waiver of Waste Discharge Requirements. Other topics include water application estimates; Best management practice options and fall/winter compliance monitoring.
To receive the most effective assistance during the workshops, producers should bring the following:
- CDQAP North Coast Reference Binder from Class 1
- Your JAVA printout or CNMP or the list below:
- Storage pond volumes or length, width and depth of ponds
- Surface area of entire production facility outline
- Surface area of any rooftops where rainwater is diverted
- Milk house water use – estimates of bulk tank and pipeline wash times, milk house floor wash times and number of wash pen sprinkles (if used)
Workshops are offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Advanced reservations are not required. These California Dairy Quality Assurance Program workshops are made possible in part through grants from the USDA Risk Management Agency and California Dairy Research Foundation.
- Ferndale location: Monday, September 10, 1 to 4 p.m. Ferndale City Hall, 834 Main Street, Ferndale
- Eureka location: Tuesday, September 11, 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Humboldt County CE Ag Center Auditorium, 5360 S. Broadway, Eureka
- Rohnert Park: location Tuesday, September 18, 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Sonoma County 4-H Center, 6445 Commerce Boulevard, Rohnert Park