The meetings are specifically designed for WPDES permitted CAFO owners/managers, producers considering expansion, nutrient management plan writers and engineers. Each meeting will provide information on new policies, proper spill response, manure hauling, day-storage calculations and will feature a DNR panel.
The forums are slated to be held throughout the state in the coming weeks. Nutrient management plan writers and engineers working on large farms are also invited to attend.
The meetings will be held on the follow dates and locations:
- February 5: Tundra Lodge Conference Center, Green Bay
- February 5: Crystal Falls Banquet Hall, New London
- February 6: Silver Valley Banquet Hall, Manitowoc
- February 6: University of Wisconsin-Fond du Lac, Fond du Lac
- February 8: County Building, Dodgeville
- February 9: UW-Extension office, Jefferson
- February 12: UW-Marshfield Ag Research Station, Marshfield
- February 13: Clarion Hotel, Eau Claire
More information on the meetings and individual meeting brochures can be accessed at https://conservation-training.uwex.edu/news/2018-annual-cafo-update-meetings.
To pre-register for any of the workshops, call UW-Extension at 920-391-4652.