Dairy groundwater coalition conducts election
February 14, 2013 by Press release
February 14, 2013 – The Central Valley Dairy Representative Monitoring Program (CVDRMP) conducted its first election for district directors in December 2012.
Nominations for six seats on CVDRMP’s 12-member board of directors were accepted through October 22, 2012. The election was held by mail-in ballot with a deadline for ballots to be received by December 21, 2012.
The following election winners will serve through January 2014:
- Tom Barcellos, Porterville, District 1 (Tulare County);
- Ray Gene Veldhuis, Winton, District 2 (Merced and Madera counties);
- Rodney Kamper, Riverdale, District 3 (Kern, Fresno and Kings counties);
- Justin Gioletti, Turlock, District 4 (Stanislaus County);
- Bill Van Ryn, Manteca, District 5 (All other Central Valley counties not included in Districts 1 through 4); and
- Steve Staas, Marysville, at-large (Any Central Valley county)
CVDRMP’s board of directors is charged with carrying out the coalition’s mission of conducting groundwater monitoring activities to help meet regulatory requirements on CVDRMP member dairies throughout the Central Valley. A non-profit, voluntary program, CVDRMP was founded to offer members a cost-effective alternative to individual groundwater monitoring.
CVDRMP members are organized into five districts with two directors each. Directors serve staggered two-year terms, with one seat in each district open for election each year. Two more directors serve at-large, also with two-year staggered term.
Print this page