January 7, 2013, Ames, IA – Iowa State University Extension and Outreach, in cooperation with the Iowa Department of Natural Resources, is offering manure applicator certification workshops for dry/solid manure operators on seven different dates and locations in February.
These workshops meet manure applicator certification requirements for both confinement site manure applicators and commercial manure applicators that primarily apply dry or solid manure.
“The information in this workshop will benefit not only those needing certification but anyone using dry or solid manure as a nutrient source,” said Angie Rieck-Hinz, coordinator of the Manure Applicator Certification Program. “This year’s program features information about how to put a value on using dry/solid manures in your cropping system.”
The workshops are free to attend and open to all. Applicators will be required to submit certification forms and fees to the Iowa DNR to meet manure applicator certification requirements.
Register for one of the workshops by calling the number listed with the selected site. Workshops locations and dates are:
- Feb. 5 – Branding Iron Restaurant, Thompson, IA. This meeting starts at 1 p.m. Call 641-584-2261
- Feb. 6 – Sioux County Extension Office, Orange City, IA. This meeting starts at 1 p.m. Call 712-737-4230
- Feb. 14 – Community Building, Ellsworth, IA. This meeting starts at 9 a.m. Please note new location and start time 515-832-9597
- Feb. 15 – Heartland Museum, Clarion, IA. This meeting starts at 1 p.m. Call 515-532-3453
- Feb. 18 – Washington County Extension Office, Washington, IA. This meeting starts at 1 p.m. Call 319-653-4811
- Feb. 19 – Adair County Fairgrounds, Greenfield, IA. Please note new location. This meeting starts at 1 p.m. Call 641-743-8412
- Feb. 28 – Buena Vista County Extension Office, Storm Lake, IA. This meeting starts at 1 p.m. Call 712-732-5056