February 3, 2015, Green Bay, WI – As the animal agriculture industry evolves, the handing of manure is becoming more complex with waste streams processed for energy, fertilizer, bedding and potable water production.
To keep abreast of the latest technologies and techniques in animal waste management, University of Wisconsin-Extension invites you to the 2015 Midwest Manure Summit being held February 24 and 25, 2015, at the Radisson Hotel and Conference Center in Green Bay, Wisc.
During this two-day event, industry leaders will discuss manure separation and treatment technologies, including: water recycling systems, liquid-solid separation systems, anaerobic digesters, odor management, manure irrigation, and more.
Nationally recognized speakers include:
- Dr. John Chastain, associate professor, Agricultural Waste Management, Clemson University who will be discussing Planning a Solid-Liquid Separation System to Meet Manure Treatment and Management Goals
- Dr. Kevin Janni, professor, Department of Bioproducts and Biosystems Engineering, University of Minnesota speaking on Manure Odor Management
- Dr. Mark Powell, soil scientist, USDA-ARS, US Dairy Forage Research Center presenting on The Rations We Feed Dairy Cattle Impact Manure Chemistry and Nutrient Dynamics in Soil, Water and Air
- Doug Renk, biological commissioning engineer, BIOFerm USA, discussing Compact, Containerized Anaerobic Digester: On-Farm Energy Creation for Small-Medium Dairies
- Dr. Ariel Szogi, soil scientist, USDA-ARS, Coastal Plains Soil, Water, and Plant Research Center will be presenting on Nutrient Recovery Technologies from Animal Manure
Farm tours of two local dairies, one utilizing a methane digester for manure treatment and energy production, round out the second day the summit.
Early bird registration for the 2015 Midwest Manure Summit is $195 for the two-day conference, which includes printed proceedings, lunches, transportation to and from the featured farms, and refreshments. One-day registration and late registration (after February 16, 2015) is also available. A complete agenda, speaker list, and registration details can be found in the brochure or on the summit website at http://www.midwestmanure.com.
The 2015 Midwest Manure Summit is sponsored by UW-Extension, Bauer North America, DAIRYBUSINESS, Komro Sales, Manure Manager, AgSource Laboratories, Livestock Water Recycling, Inc, and Puck Custom Enterprises, Inc.