March 11, 2014 – AgSTAR is excited to share the agenda for the upcoming AgSTAR 2014 National Workshop being held in San Diego, Calif. on April 7, 2014.
Join us in Navigating the Biogas Maze as we Learn from the leaders. Please remember to register to attend; the deadline is fast approaching.
The AgSTAR 2014 National Workshop will feature a series of panels designed to maximize interaction and discussion around the strategies being used to successfully implement agricultural biodigesters. We are excited to bring together four extraordinary sets of speakers, with a diversity of perspectives and great depth of knowledge.
Sandra Schubert, Undersecretary of the California Department of Food and Agriculture, will act as keynote speaker, and precede a series of panel discussions that will provide ample opportunity for audience interaction. The individual panels will focus on timely and relevant topics related to state and private sector leadership in digester installation, and the policies, incentives and programs that have advanced the use of anaerobic digestion (AD) systems by livestock producers.
Featured speakers include:
- Bob Joblin, AgPower Group and Ben Vitale, Wastewater Capital Management, on indicators for project success;
- Amanda Mott, Wisconsin State Energy Office, Joe Francis, Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality, and Jiqin Ni, Purdue University, on how States can collaborate to advance AD;
- Karen Lee, Progressive Dairyman, Margaret Land, Manure Manager, and Jerry Bingold, Innovation Center for US Dairy, on effective marketing methods to reach producers;
- Jon Van Nieuwenhuyzen, Qualco Energy, and Brian Langolf, University of Wisconsin Oshkosh farms, on successful operation of AD systems; and
- David Babson, AAAS Fellow at the U.S. EPA, and Dan Weller, California Air Resources Board, on Federal and State policies and programs furthering adoption of AD.
This workshop will be held in conjunction with the 14th Annual BioCycle Conference on Renewable Energy From Organics Recycling (BioCycle REFOR14 West) on April 8 to 10, 2014. BioCycle REFOR14 West offers an opportunity to gain greater knowledge of rising trends across multiple biogas sectors, and new ideas and innovative tools for maximizing returns from biogas recovery projects. The event features a full exhibit hall, optional site tours and dedicated networking time. AgSTAR is co-sponsoring this conference and strongly encourages the attendance of all workshop participants.
To register for the AgSTAR 2014 National Workshop, visit the BioCycle REFOR14 West website. Registration for the workshop is free. Attendees may choose to have lunch on their own or participate in an optional luncheon for $25.