Ag air quality conference at UC Davis June 27-28
May 8, 2013 by University of California - Davis
May 8, 2013, Davis, CA – An agricultural air quality conference jointly sponsored by University of California – Davis and the San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District will be held June 27-28 at the UC Davis conference center.
The conference’s major focus will be on discussing a “risk-based” strategy proposed by the SJVAPCD as an alternative to the current federal/state air quality regulatory framework. The SJVAPCD is currently one of only two areas in the nation (South Coast AQMD being the other) classified as “extreme” non-attainment for ozone.
- The Scientific Foundation for a Risk-Based Approach to Particulate Controls
- Development of the Risk-Based Approach to Air Quality Policy and Public Health
- Evolution Towards Low-Risk Pesticides
- Applying the Approach to Policies – Potential Applications & Research Gaps.
- Policy Efficacy of the RB/MP Approach: Opportunities and Constraints.
Optional tours include:
- Bovine Bubbles
- Anaerobic BioMass Digester
- Olive Oil Center & Tasting
Registration information is available at https://sites.google.com/site/ucdavisaqaq/home.
Stories continue below
Print this page